Places Available for September 2018click here to apply

We were privileged to be asked to write and perform an original song as part of the Archbishop of Canterbury’s visit to Coventry. Our student band performed Where the Heart Is last night at what was a beautiful and inspirational evening.

“It was a huge honour to be involved and create music that describes and encourages the work God is doing. I feel a new motivation to keep working to bring about God’s work and I’m excited to be doing that work alongside amazing people like Justin Welby and everyone at Together for Change”

– Tibz, 3rd Year

Justin Welby (The Archbishop of Canterbury) visited St. Peters Centre last night to attend a ‘Nourish’ meal, organised by the charity Together for Change. ‘Nourish’ is a weekly multi-cultural bring-and-share, where people bring dishes from their own cultures and share them with people from other cultures. The aim of the meal is to build community and companionship across the Hillfields area – an area that has become home to a significant migrant and asylum seeker population.

Where The Heart Is was written to celebrate diversity and to declare God’s heart to reach every person in every culture. It also serves as an encouragement that we, His church, will partner with Him to reach out and be that place of sanctuary.

“I found the song impactful – it was probably why I was so direct in my closing address this evening!”

– Justin Welby

Find out more about our Popular Music & Worship degree course here.

Archbishop of Canterbury Address

The Archbishop shared with us all how he was both encouraged and challenged. He expressed that being there, with the people who had suffered so much, was like being where Christ would have spent His time and that in itself validated the work.

The Archbishop gave a challenge to all of us to be more Christ-like in our generosity and prayed that we would remember that the Lord is our provider. He expressed that in order to meet the great need we see around us, we must bring the need to Him. He asked that God would strengthen us and bring us His hope.

Together for Change

Together For Change – a joint venture between the Diocese of Coventry and the Church Urban Fund – exists to transform communities within Coventry and Warwickshire, tackling the issues of systemic poverty. For more information on the charity and the work they are doing, visit their website here.

Apply Now